Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Alanya, Turkey

Alanya


It is a very nice small town located (i think ) 2 hours by car from Antalya. I love love loveeeeee this town... I love the local, they are very friendly. Eventhough there was not so much Asian came to this part of Turkey, I never feel leftout! They treat everyone just the same. 
Some of the local speaks good english, mostly the young generation. 
Some that is not so good in english try to their best to communicate with body language. I remember vividly, there was this man at the hotel where my husband worked. He speaks no english. But he can speak Russian and a little German. I love to visit him at his fruit stall. I speak english to him with help of body language and he will speaks Turkish to me. We talked about life, family, food ects. We were like a duck and a chicken. we became friend. But lost contact once my husband and i moved back to Sweden. 

 Farouk at his fruit stall

For 1 year that we lived in Alanya, there are 2 restuarants that i very much would like to recommend. 
  • Panderosa Restaurant - Our fav meal here is their Plank steak!!! It is our go to menu! Our favorite drink was their Strawberry Daquiri! God its delicious! I don't remember i have ever try any Strawberry Daquiri that good! The staffs was super friendly. Very nice ambience. My husband celebrated his birthday there and get a super nice surprises.!

  •  Red Tower Restaurant. If you are looking for a more romantic and personal restaurant, then i will recommend Red Tower Restaurant. It has fantastic view of Alanya from above. It has very good service and super yummy food as well. I love love love their Black Pepper Steak... Their dessert!! Try their Chocolate Sufflé! ohhhh its heaven! They do have their own beer. Give it a try and you will not regret! (sadly i do not have a picture to share)

 There are many choices of restaurant that serves good food around Alanya. You can just pick and choose.
Never leaving Turkey without having:
  1. A proper Turkish food...
  2. Efes Beer (Turkish Beer. It is light and very easy to drink. They have another flavour that i do prefer the most. Coffee flavored Efes. Give it a try when you can )
  3. Baklava
  4. Turkish bread
  5. Yakut Wine (Turkish wine. Love love loveee Yakut red wine. It is so full of taste, and not at all sour like many read wine. I enjoy having Yakut acompany with some nuts.)
  6. Hamam
  7. Beaches ( water are so clear and clean)
You will not regret it!

How to get here?
We flew with Turkish Airline, transit in Istanbul to domestic terminal. Arriving in Antalya, you can take a taxi to Alanya or a bus. There are few rental car company if you prefer to drive.

 We left Turkey in December

We will be back for sure!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts