Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Fried Rice

I woke up today with a huge craves for that smoky fried rice that i love just like back home. So for my lunch, i was checking through my fridge and scavaging what i have from the leftover from other cooking recipes. 
So, there was a good size carrot, onion, 3 long beans, 3 eggs, probably half cup canned corn and leftover rice. 
Ok! It's good enough for my fried rice. Let's make myself a fried rice!

Here are the extra ingredients i add to my fried rice. 




Cold leftover rice
3 cleaned and chopped long beans.
a cup of frozen green peas
1 white onion. Chopped.
3 eggs. Beaten,
2 garlic. Chopped.
1 carrot. (small diced)
corn
*Below ingredients is depends on your taste buds. So go with your flow.
light soya sauce
dark soya sauce
white pepper. 

1. fry onion and garlic with a little oil to fragrance.
2. add green peas. ( leave it to the side of your wok so it does not mix with next ingredient)
3. add beaten egg. *Do not stir the egg. But move it slow and careful while tilting your wok to spread the egg to cook.
4. add carrots, longbeans and corn
5. stir for 1 minute
6. add rice, and soyas sauce with few dash of white pepper.
7. Stir the rice until it is coated with the sauce.

You will get something like this. Enjoy!
*remember, you can use what ever you have at home. You do not need to go and buy the exact same ingredients i have.



Comments

Popular Posts