Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

My version of Papaya Salad

It has been 2 weeks since i have ran out of chilli at home. Today, my husband and i went to Lund for a some asian food shopping. I didn't bought much since what i need is chillies.
I remember my first asian food shopping experience in Sweden. It was in Malmö. I was so happy that my husband managed to find out some asian grocery shops. 
To this day, i am still a little shock with how much things are cost in Sweden. Most of the time, my husband have to remind me that i should not look at the price tag. Not because we have deep pocket. But he was making a point that the number on price tag are big because it is in different currency. 
1000 sek = 500 RM 
That is how much we usually spend at asian grocery store. For 1000 sek, i can buy alot of things back home. Here, that amount you will come out with 5 bags. The shopping plastic bag. But if you would buy 20 kg of rice, then you will be out with lesser bag. Luckily, our 20 kg of rice last for many months. 

Back to todays shopping, i spend around 189 kr. What i bought was 200g of chillies. Green papaya, Long beans, petai, kuchai, a bag of mee hon and coriender. 



Oh Petai.. You stink! But my love for you will never change!
Kuchai for stir fry with eggs.
Chili. My soul...
Look at how tiny the Papaya. But it is still worth it.
For this amount of long beans, it will cost me 2kr back home. I hope this farmer do get enough paid for the works they did.


With the things i bought, i made myself my version of Papaya Salad. The joy i had? I was over the moon!


For my version of papaya salad you will need:
Quarter of papaya. shredded.
4 chilies. grounded.
sugar
fish sauce
lemon juice
2 long beans. 
5 petai beans.
corn.
shrimp (boiled)
mussles. (boiled)

add them all in a bowl. Mix well. You can add whatever you like. If you think it is not spicy enough for your taste, then add more chilies. It is that simple. There is no rules my cooking. Everything go with the flow.....

Comments

Popular Posts