Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Dr.Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution

Vital Hydra Solution by Dr.Jart+



I am on a mission to find that perfect sheet mask to be use in flight.
The perfect sheet mask for me should be:
  • Moisturizing
  • None sticky / not too sticky after i peel off the mask
  • No perfume / very very faint scent is fine
  • No Parabens
  • No Sulfates
  • No Phthalates
My skin condition:
  • Dry mostly around my nose. Can get patchy around my T-zone. Especially during dry winter months.
  • It can get oily when it is warm/ in high humidity.
  • Sensitive
  • Summer months can be dry-normal and sometimes can be oily too.
  • Sun damage
  • Pigmentation
  • Open pores. Around my cheeks.
While on a date with my husband, i made a quick stop at Sephora. It was difficult  to make a choice. Things get even more complicated when i found out Sephora Sweden carrying Dr.Jart+ and Tony Moly! These are two names that i have been missing since i moved to Sweden.

Although the brand is very familiar for me, i have never give this particular sheet mask a try. Why? Back then, i do not have any needs to use any deep hydration skin products. Thanks to the high humidity level in Malaysia!

History behind. Now. On to my mission and review!

How do i use it?
Cleansed my face like i normally do.
Pat dry.
Tear open and discard the white film, and apply the mask. Adjust carefully around your eyes and mouth. No air bubbles please...
I leave it on for a good 20 minutes.
Remove and pat the remaining serum gently on you face to absorbed.

My review:
 My first impression:

When i first took out the mask from its packaging, it has a clear gel like liquid (serum). I cannot lie that i was a little sceptical when i first saw it. I really thought it will leave my skin sticky. Well, i was wrong! No stickiness at all! It absorb nicely into my skin.
--
It has a very faint fresh scent to it. Which i like! I think it is very suitable to wear it in flight. No one like it when there is someone in flight having a strong "scent" or perfume. So that is why i think this mask is a safe mask to avoid inconvenient of others.
--
Application is pretty easy. I always managed to tore my sheet while applying it on my face. But not this particular one. By the way, the sheet appears very transparent on my skin! Another extra point for flight usage! Avoid other running for their life and heart attack when they see you!
--
On some brand, my skin will feel a slight tingle once the mask is on. But not with this mask. Instead, i can feel my skin loving the extra effort i put to make it happy.
 --
I almost forgot to mention that this sheet mask are soaked in very generous amount of serum. So what i did after i took out the sheet was to keep the packaging in a ziplock bag. This tips i get from someone on my instagram. I will put on the serum every night for 3 days or less. Ziplock bag will help to reduce the serum oxidation time frame. Don't waste a good stuff!
--

Claimed to "Deeply hydrates". 

It very much did deliver what it promised to do!  Yes it does! I HAD dryness around my nose and it disappeared after i removed the mask. You might think, of course it is gone. I have just removed the mask. Well, im happy to say that today is the day after. The dryness is still gone. I know it will not be gone forever, because lets face it. Its not a magic mask!

Do i recommend it?

Absolutely for a dry skin type. I would recommend this if you are going to travel and need to keep your skin well hydrated.

P/S:
Do take this sheet mask into your consideration when you are selecting your sheet mask for inflight usage.  Think about other passenger that has sensitivity towards strong scented perfume ects.


Comments

Popular Posts