Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Mango Salad / Sambal Mangga

Mango Salad / Sambal Mangga 


Spicy, sweet, salty and sour. All in one!

I can have this at anytime of the day. All day everyday! Sadly, this is almost impossible to have here where i live. Not that they do not import Mango to the country, they do. It is almost impossible because it will cost me a fortune to enjoy this all day everyday!

For this recipe you will need young/unripe mango. In Sweden, you can almost always get the sour mango from any Asian store. But they are very small and pricey as they are imported.

Sometimes in the summer, if you are lucky enough, you can find  jumbo mango in ICA. Last summer, it was sold for 20 sek each. Although they are not as sour as i wish it would, but it is still delicious! Tips* add lemon juice!
I enjoy having my mango salad just by itself.
Sometimes, as a side dish with rice and fried fish.

You will need: 

1 Mango(shredded)
5-6 Chili ( add more for more spicy. Pounded)
Sugar (to taste)
Dried shrimp (soaked and roughly pounded)
Lemon juice (add more if you prefer for that extra sourness)
Fish sauce (To taste. Be careful since it can get salty if too much) 

Mix them all together and enjoy! 💖





Comments

Popular Posts