Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Tuna and Mackerel pasta sauce

Tuna and Mackerel pasta sauce



Students! No more oatmeal "all day everyday!" ( that is what i have heard among university students. That they often eat oatmeal to keep their budget on track. So i hope this will help them to have a decent meal. It is simple. Quick. Cheap. Better than a quick take away.

Personally, i prefer this sauce than a minced meat pasta sauce. No no. Don't get me wrong. I love a good steak. But for pasta sauce, i prefer this particular sauce than meat sauce. It is not just because it is a fish base sauce (love love love seafood!), it is the quickest, cheapest and easiest meal to make!

When i don't have time to cook for dinner or maybe i am too tired to cook, this is what i will prepare.

Everything took me max 30 minute from preparing to serving.
Serve with your fav salad. For me, i enjoy having it with carrot ( and ofcourse my cili!)

Don't turn your head away just yet. Give it a try first. Because there is chance you will like it too. Do let me know what you like and don't like or maybe have changed or probably will change. I would love to know. I am not a chef and i am learning to cook every single day.

Here is what you need.
1 canned Tuna (drained away the water)
2 canned Mackerel in tomato sauce (125g each)
1 big Yellow onion ( peeled and chopped into 2 inches size)
1 canned Pineapple (220g sliced in bite size)
1 canned crushed tomato (400g)
Fine chopped Parsley
Fine chopped Coriander
1 tbsp Kikoman soya
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Olive oil
Capellini Pasta ( or any pasta of your choice)

How to?
  1. Fry onion 2-3 minutes on medium heat or until it appears slightly caramelize.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients.
  3. Let it simmer until the sauce is thicken.
  4. Follow the instruction that comes with the pasta.
  5. Serve with your favorite salads or veges.

Leave a comment if you have any question.
I hope you like it!


Comments

Popular Posts