Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Yakisoba

Yakisoba

 

 

 

 

For this recipe, i have substituted soba to Spaghettini since that is what i have at home and the closest one to soba.
Tips: half cook your pasta of choice. (because you will still need to cook it with the rest of the ingredients)

You can use any protein source of your choice. For this recipe, i use chicken fillet (that is what i have in my freezer)

Time from preparing to finish :30 minutes.

Here is what you will need for 2 adult:
2 portion of Spaghettini ( cook your pasta once your protein is cooked. So it will not dry out and stick together)
1 Garlic (chopped)
1 medium size yellow onion ( sliced)
1 medium size carrot ( sliced)
Half green paprika (sliced)
Mushroom of your choice ( i used shitake & champignon mushroom)
3 Green onion (cut into 2 inches)
A bowl of white cabbage ( cut into size of 2 fingers wide)
1 chicken fillet (sliced)
Yakisoba sauce ( you can either buy a ready made sauce from any Asian groceries stores or you can make it yourself. )

Tips: Sliced all vegetables about the same thickness and size. So they will cook at the same time.
Feel free to add or use any vegetables and protein of your choice.

  1. Stir fry chicken fillet until halfway cook. At the same time boil pasta in another pot (Half cook. Drained. Set aside)
  2. Add garlic once the chicken appears slightly white. Fry garlic until fragrance.
  3. Add all the vegetables and onion. Stir fry until they slightly change color.
  4. Add Spaghettini and yakisoba sauce.
  5. Keep stirring. If your pasta still undercook, add some water (little by little) until it is al dente (or as your choice)
  6. Serve and enjoy ( you can springkle some aonori and pickled ginger as garnishing)

My homemade Yakisoba sauce:

Measurement according for this recipe.

2 tbsp light soya sauce (Kikoman soy. Not dark soy but the light soy)
1 tbsp oyster sauce (i used Panda Brand-Lee Kum Kee- osyter sauce)
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp Hoisin
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce. (I used Lea Perrins brand)
1 tbsp Sugar

Mixed them all.





Comments

Popular Posts