Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

A Not so boring Breakfast Oatmeal

A Not so boring Breakfast Oatmeal

 

Topping: Blueberry, Rasberry, Banana & Dried Pineapple.

 

I prefer a nice warm and satisfying meal for my breakfast. Maybe because i grew up having a bowl noodle soup or dumplings, fried rice or fried noodle or anything warm for my breakfast. 
It is not so often for my family and i to have bread for breakfast. Very rare indeed. 

That is why a bowl oatmeal is a go-to breakfast for me to have from time to time. It is quick, and most importantly, YummY!
I know many prefer something else than a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast because of its dull and boring look and bland taste.
To make my bowl of oatmeal look more appealing, i make sure it has some pop of pretty colours and sprinkles some finely grounded kardemum for the yummy aroma. 


 For this bowl of deliciousness will fuel you for hours. You will need : 

1dl of Oat
1 dl of Rye
3 dl of water
1 teaspoon of Honey
 
Topping:
Banana ( Sliced )
Blueberry
Rasberry
Dried pineapple (Finely Chopped)


Instruction:
  1. Add Oat, Rye and water in a small saucepan. 
  2. Start with high eat and reduce to medium heat. Keep stirring. Add more water if needed. 
  3. Add Honey. ( stir until well disolve. Add water if needed ) 
  4. Serve in a bowl. 
  5. Add your topping.

Since i did not like the milk taste and its smell when it is use to cook oatmeal, i replaced it with water instead.
I did not use any nuts since it'll get soggy.




ENJOY!
XOXO
 


Comments

Popular Posts