Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Anastasia Beverly Hills VS ELF

Anastasia Beverly Hills VS ELF 




I have heard alot about Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade for so long and finally decided to give it a try. Been disappointed too many times on many highly recommended products, made me a little sceptical to get one of this.

E.L.F on the other hand, is what i think an underrated product. It used to be one of those drugstore product people are raving about. Time changed, so does many people.
 I have been using elf brow kit for years and still loving it.

Since i have bought myself the what most people now called as a holly grail
brow product, i think why not compare it with my favourite elf brow kit!

I have also took a risky chance to wear them both at the same time. Which is one on each side of my brow. The test was to see which of them will last for 10 hours and how do they both look after 10 hours.
(I ended up forgot the time has already past the 10 hours test. I took the last comparison picture was taken 12 HOURS! To my surprise.....)



I have dark brown hair and warm olive skin tone.

Lets jump to the review

First and foremost. Check out my eyebrows. They are very spares and thin.




Elf Brow Kit


My e.l.f brow kit is in Dark





 
  • Comes with a small brush, brow wax for shaping and powder for setting. 
  • Has 4 different shades. (Ash, Light, Medium, Dark)
  • Weight : 3.5 g / 0.12oz
  • Plastic packaging and has a square mirror inside.


Texture
  • The wax has creamy gel texture to it.
  • The setting powder on the other hand has a smooth/velvety feel which almost similar to Lorac Pro eyeshadow palette texture and feel to it.
  • Both wax and powder has good pigmentation.
  • The small brush has two ends. One for each application. The thin slander side is to outline the arch and fill your brows while the other end is to set them for a long lasting.
Application
  • Very easy to apply.
  • Outlining and filling with the wax is very neat and easy. 
  • Dust the powder to fill your brows for fuller look.
  • Does not dry out too fast once applied. Which made it easy to clean up if i made any mistakes.
  • Setting powder will make your brow look fuller  and long lasting.
  • Sometimes i use the powder as a crease contour and for a soft smokey look!
  • The brush made the application easy and precise. (But i prefer to use a longer brush handle.)

Pros
  • Super Great value. It cost 50 sek in Sweden.
  • Long lasting for as long as you don't touch or scratch your eyebrow. (see the comparison pictures below)
  • A splash or two water on your face will not move the product.
  • Multi-use setting powder. (great for crease contour and soft smokey look)
  • The wax does not dry too fast once applied made it easy to cleanup any mistake without much effort. All you need is wipe it with q-tip. 
  • Easy fix if you accidentally smudge it. Just dab the powder on it again.
  • Amazing quality.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Great pigmentation. 
 Cons
  •  Smudge if you touch it.
  • I don't think it is great for dry skin since its not a smudge free. But it is still worth to give it a try with a primer. Maybe?
Will I Recommend it?
Absolutely!




Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade

My dipbrow is in Chocolate


  • Glass jar with a plastic cap (almost similar to MAC paintpot)
  • Weight: 4g/0.14oz
  • 11 different shades to choose from.


Texture
  • Very creamy/thick texture.  
Application 
  • Apply with a thin slander brush.
  • Do not dip your brush into it but instead touch it ever so softly. Otherwise you will get too much product onto your brush.
  • Do dab it on the back of your hand before you apply to your eyebrow because the product dries quickly and need a makeup remover to clean the mistake.
  • Its a little goes a long way. A super long way! So be careful.
  • Outline and fill your brow little by little to get to the desirable thickness.
  • I never use any setting powder with it. 
  • I recommend to apply with same brand brow brush #12. Use the spooley brush to create a more natural look.

Pros
  • Waterproof.
  • Smudge free.
  • A little goes a long way.
  •  Long lasting.
  • Dries quickly once applied.
  • Amazing quality.
  • Very good pigmentation.
  • I do use it as a base for my eyeshadow for a smokey look. (just below the fold of my eyelid)
Cons
  • Very expensive for a 4g brow product.
  • Because of it dries too quickly after it is applied, it make it difficult to clean any mistakes. ( I learnt that next time, i will apply this before foundation. This to avoid the patchy look around your eyebrow if you need to clean it up with make up remover. A simple mistakes can be cover with concealer!)   
  • The product (in the jar) dries quickly. Since this is very pigmented product (which is excellent!), you will not be able to reach the bottom of the jar before it dries out. Unless maybe you use it Mondays-Sundays or share with someone else.
Will i recommend it?
Yes!Absolutely! 
It's the "Hulk" level of eyebrow! Nothing will ever to even slightly budge it. 
What do i think between both of the brows product?
I love them both. They are long lasting. But ELF will budge if you touch it but ABH will stay put.
ELF brow kit may not suitable for oily skin type (i have dry skin type) whilst ABH are great for any skin type.
If you are looking for budget friendly, then elf is a great choice. It gives you that longevity as abh does.
If you are looking for a super stay on brows, then get the abh (though i have not try in while swimming. (I never wear any makeup in the water anyway). Like i said, it will not budge. It took 3 swipes with the makeup wipe remover to actually start budging it. 
 Comparison Pictures Descriptions:

Morning

12 hours later



Above are the picture where i wear each of the product on each side of my brow. I wore it for a good 12 hours. Active and busy day out with husband.
Temperature on that day was 20'c and sunny day.
Right : ELF
Left: ABH
At the end of the day, they both still look amazing. Both stayed put.
Both colours remain the same as if i just put them on. 


Have a great day! xoxo
 

Comments

Popular Posts