Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Lentil with tomato and basils Soup

Lentil with Tomato and Basil Soup






Many have mentioned that this soup is similar to dhal. I cannot deny their similarity. Since they are both using lentil as the main ingredient.
They may look similar, but taste wise, they are very different. 
Not to mention, dhal is serve with roti while my recipe is a soup recipe. In Malaysia, dhal is serve as a dip for roti. 
This soup is lovely to have when it is cold outside and when you are having cold and fever.
I am not a nutritionist, but i know that consuming lentil has tons of benefits. It is one of the superfood. 
A friend of mine once told me that consuming lentil will help to improve hair growth. I can agree with her opinion since lentil is high in folic acid and iron. Maybe, thats explained why many of my Indian friends has amazing hair considering lentil is a well known ingredients in Indian recipes. 
Apart from its benefits for hair growth, it also helps to control cholestrol level and improve the health of your heart.
If you are suffering from IBS (irritable bowel syndrom) you may also want to consider this as your meal once a while. Why? Because it is one of  insoluble dietary fiber.
One of the reason why i love to have this soup during the cold months is because it keep me warm and more energy.






 Ingredients:

2 dl Lentil
1 canned Crushed Tomato
400 g basil (Chooped)
1 Big Yellow Onion (Diced)
1-2 Garlic (Chopped)
800 ml water
Salt & Black Pepper to taste 

Instruction:
  1. Rinse lentil and soak it in water for 2 hours. Drain when you start preparing your onion and garlic.
  2. Heat up a little oil (any oil you like. I used Olive oil).
  3. Fry onion on high heat and once it turned slightly brown, turn the heat to medium and add garlic. Stir until aromatic.
  4. Add lentil and water. Stir. Cover.
  5. Stir it once a while. Don't let it boil over. Keep the pot cover until the lentil starts to break.
  6. Add in crushed tomato. Stir. Do not cover the pot. Change the heat to high until the soup begin to boil.
  7. Stir once a while. Low the heat to medium.
  8. Let it cook/boil until your preferable thickness. I like it in between watery & thick. 
  9. Add basil, salt and black pepper before serving it.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts