Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Prawn salad

Prawn Salad that will cheer you inside and out

You can skip the chilli. I love my chillies so i'll have it in almost every meal.





When the weather gets cold and wet. The daylight gets shorter and the darkness became our companion for many months. Trees and bushes slowly losing its beauty. Every where you look, looks dull and depressing. 

I won't deny the struggle to keep my motivation up and to find the energy to come up with new ideas. Those are the months where almost everyone finds it difficult to get off ones bed. How can it not be? Waking up when the outside is still pitch black and dead silent.  Leaving ones home when it is still dark even the clock ticked at 7 am. No amount of coffee could wake my spirit up nor no length of shower will wake me up.  Came home as early as 4pm during these months will not gives that excitement like summer months would as there is no different between 7am and 4pm.
Most of the weekends where i hope it'll be bright and sunny, it'll be rainy and cloudy instead. 

These are the months where i prefer to have something fresh and some bright colours in my food. No. I don't mean to add artificial colour in my food. Don't be silly. The freshness and colours from your bowl of salad will gives you that extra pump when the outside slowly telling your body and mind to hibernate.

Prawn and avocado salad is the salad that will make a few times appearances on my dinner table. The different shades of greens and pop of some bright colours from paprika, corn and carrot. Smokiness from toasted sunflower seeds. A kick of freshness and tanginess from lime juice. These combo never fails to give me that extra needed push of motivation. It reminds me of those warm and bright summer months.

For some of us, salad will not cut it. Like me, i will get hungry fast if i have only greens. I need my carb and protein every single day. This is how i grew up. Not a day without carb. Not a day without veges. Not a day without protein and fresh chilli. Because i love it!
So, in order for me to be fully satisfied. I will add some couscous and generous amount of prawn (hence the name).

Here is what you will need for this bowl of summer love in winter months. Quantity is depending on what you prefer the most in your bowl of salad.

My personal tips:
  • Buy a mixed salad that has baby spinach, rucolla and other greens.
  • Not too much herb. Herbs in salad is best when they appears as surprise instead of in every single bite.
  • 1 avocado every 2 adults. Unless no one like avocado. 
  • 1 dl cooked couscous for every 2 adults.
  • Buy a ready prepared prawn to speed up your food preparation.

1 cup Isberg salad (Cleaned and sliced)
65g of mixed salads
1 Hand full Beansprout 
 1 Avocado (cut in square bite sizes)
Coriander (cleaned and roughly chopped)
500 g Prawn
1 dl Couscous 
1/2 cup Sun flower seeds (toasted)
1/2 green Apple (peeled and cut in square bite sizes)
Dressing
Half lime juice
Olive oil
Salt to taste

Let me know in the comment bellow if you have changed any ingredients to something new or even what you may change and maybe some tips. I would love to know. 
I am not a chef nor am i an expert like my mom.
Everyday is a learning process for me. 
xoxo






Comments

Popular Posts