Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Long Haul Flight skincare Routine

Long Haul Flight skincare Routine


 
18 hours journey to Asia began at 0600💓



 I cannot wait to share you what i had with me as my in-flight skincare on my previous long haul flight.


I have never payed any attention to in-flight skincare before. I don't see the need for it. I honestly believe and always told myself that if i drink enough water and less alcohol while in-flight is enough. Well, yes it is and i do still believe it that. 

But! Its different this time. That is why i am sharing my experience with u.  


As i am growing older  (we all are), my skin need a little bit more extra care and attention than it used to. Its condition has also changed for the past 5 years.. When i was at my 20's, i had normal to oily skin type. Now that i am mid 30's, i have combination to dry skin type. It gets very dry over the winter months despite the amount of water i drank. 
So, i changed my skincare routine depending on the season. Super high hydration during winter and vise versa during the summer months.

I have done quite a research for this trip. But at the same time i do not want to carry to many skincares. In order for me to bring less and have the best for my skin, i make sure that i wear less makeup as possible. What i meant with that is to have my brow on fleek and a thin swipe of mascara on my super thin lashes. I skipped foundation and concealer. But let me explain and shares with you from the very beginning and step by step of what i did.

Before we drove to the airport:

My usual morning skincare regime

I did my usual routine. Washed my face with my Clarisonic + Esteé Lauder Perfectly Clean.
Followed with Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence. Oh ya! I never use any cotton pads when i apply any First Essences nor Essences. I feel like im wasting it. What i always do is to drop a drop or two on my palm and pat it on my face directly. 
i wait for the it to slightly dry then i applied Pixi Glow Tonic, my serums (wait for few minutes so it sinked into my skin) before i apply the final step, moisturizing (with spf! always spf all year around) .

Like i mentioned earlier, i did put on mascara, have my brows done I did also applied tinted lipbalm and cheek stained. (So that i look fresh before the flight.)

For my in-flight skincare, i did packed up a few travel friendly skincares. 
Don't waste your skincare by transfering them to a small travel pack. Bring the samples you got when you bought your skincares instead but if you have none, then ofcourse you can put some into your travel containers.


When do i start my inflight skincare regime?
Right after the inflight meal are done. 
I went to the toilet and wash off my hands. Applied my handsanitizer.
Even though i used no makeup when i travel, I still used makeup wipes to cleanse my face. (No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes). It is perfume free and hypoallergenic.
Once i sat on my seat, i put on my sheet mask. (Dr Jart, Vital Hydra Solution). Do not let it sit too long on your face than recommended. Because if the sheet dries out on your face, it will draw moisture out instead of moisturizing your skin.
Pat the excess serum on my face, down to my neck and even on my hand and feet. 
Right after that, i put on my moisturizer. ( Lancome, Hydra Zen)
Before i sleep, i make sure my water bottle is refilled. 
By the way, do bring along a ziplock bag. Because there is plenty of leftover serum in the sheet mask package. Re-apply it when you wake up from your sleep. Since the inflight air is very dry. Thank yourself for doing so because your skin will love it. 


PS: Keep it simple. But lots of moisturizing products





xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts