Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Cabbage Rolls

Cabbage Rolls


This is one of those recipe where i try to re-create something that i have eaten as a guess at a dinner party. I admit, i am not good at making a presentation. Let me tell you a little about my other half, he does not like cabbage. He has given me many reason to not eat cabbage! No. No. He has no health complication. It is just his relationship with veges has not been that good. But then, i made this cabbage rolls. He admit it, he turned out change his mind towards cabbage and many other greens. 
Give my recipe a try. I know the picture says may say it taste just like any cabbage rolls. Or you might think, bleeehhh cabbage..But i can assure you it is delicious! Moist and super filling! 
Before we began with the recipe, have i mention i am not a chef? Oh i did? 
Good Luck!
Ingredients

Group 1
14 cabbage leaves (depending on how big the cabbage is, mine was medium)

Group 2
2 Red Onion (chopped)
2 Garlic (crushed)
1 Medium tomato (diced)

Group3
500g Minced Meat
2 tbspn Tomato Paste
A handful of chopped Parsley
2 dl Red Rice (you can use any rice)
1 egg
Salt
1 tspn of black pepper
2 tbsp of paprika powder
Half Red paprika/capsicum

Group 4 (sauce)
1 Canned crushed tomato
3 tspn tomato paste
water


Preparation
Preheat the oven to 225 celcius

Bring water to boil. Add cabbage leaves. Boil until they are soft and about easy to work with later.
Take them out and let them sit in a cold water while you fixing group 2. 

Heat up your frying pan with olive oil. 
Medieum heat, fry group 2 strart with onion & garlic until fragrance. Then, add in tomato.
Fry until they are soft. Don't burn.

In a big bowl, add group 2 and group 3. Use a cooking glove or bare hand (your choice), mix both group well. 

Drain all cabbage leaves. Remove the bottom "bones" . Its the thick part of the bottom of the back cabbage ( if that make sense). Not entirely. Just the thicker part. it will make the folding process easier and neat.

Scoop some of the well mixed ingredients into the cabbage. Fold both left and right side to the center. Then you can roll from top of the leave to the bottom.
Place the stuffed/rolled cabbage in a baking dish.

Pour the canned crushed tomato in a bowl. Add tomato paste and 2 dl water. Mixed well.
Pour onto the cabbage rolls. Depending on the size of your rolls and the size of your baking dish, make sure all the rolls are submerge in liquid. Add more water if necessary.

Cover with aluminium foil and place it in the oven. 

Since i was using raw red rice, it took 1 hour and 20 minutes for it to cook.

p/s: you can replace/ use cooked rice instead of uncooked rice. Its quicker. Same result. 

Serve it with adding a little sauce from its tray.

Leftover can be freeze and re-heated again when you want to have it.

good luck!

xoxo





Comments

Popular Posts