Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Salmon Pasta with Dill and Kale

Salmon Pasta with Kale and Dill


I have so much craving for Salmon for dinner. But sadly the salmon we have in our freezer is just enough for 2 dinner. 
The reason why i said it is sad is because it is not enough for our lunch box for the next day. Today i'm too lazy to cook 2 different meals. As i was pondering away my brain on what i can do with the 2 portions salmon so that it is enough for 4 meals, i remember the memories i had when i was living in university dormitory. I had very little then, my student allowance don't even enough to cover my assignments costs. But i did my best on what suit my financial then. 
What i did back then was, to mix and match and make do with what i have. A little bit here and there, it will result in something that is enough for 2 to 3 person even 5 sometimes.
So, today i did the same. Too lazy to cook 2 meals, and i want something that is faster to prepare.



Ingredients:
3 portions of Salmon (skin off)
4 handful of chopped Kale (chopped)
Dill ( i love dill, so i used the whole box of frozen Dill)
1 large onion (Chopped)
3 Cloves garlic (crushed)
2 portions of  Penne Rigate
salt and pepper to taste
Lemon juice to taste

For this recipe, you can change any of the above ingredients to your preferences. For example, if you don't like dill, then you can skip it or use less dill. I use kale in my recipe because it gives more volume besides, its healthy to eat vegetable 😁.  For the pasta, i do really recommend you to use Penne Rigate for this recipe. But, as i said earlier, you can change it to your preferences. No rules applied here. As long as it is yummy!

Salt and pepper on Salmon

 oil your pan with olive oil or any oil of your choice
Heat up your frying pan with a little olive oil. Then, fry the salmon on medium heat. So that it is cook through. 
Fry turn it over so that both sides slightly brown.



 Meanwhile the salmon is cooking, chopped onion into same size and crushed the garlic.


Both side are golden brown
Once the salmon is cooked through. Take it out of the frying pan and place it into a clean plate.


With the same pan that you fry the salmon with, add and sauteed onion and garlic on low to medium heat until they are caramelized and aromatic. Start with low heat and change it to medium after the onion looks slightly caramelized.
At this point, you may also want to start boiling water for your pasta. Follow the pasta instructions. Mine takes 11 minutes to cook.


While the waiting for the onion and garlic to be ready, chopped the Kale into small sizes. Cleaned and drained.

Add in kale once the onion and garlic are caramelized and aromatic.

 
Using 2 forks, tear apart the salmon.

Add in the salmon once the kale turned dark green
Fry them in low heat while pasta is boiling. Add dill.
Once the pasta is cooked, use a strainer to drain the pasta.

Add the drained pasta back into the same pot that you use to boil it. Add the ingredients that you prepared earlier. Add in 1 dl of pasta water sprinkle some lemon juice.
If the pasta is too watery or too wet, put the pot back on the fire. Start with medium heat. Do not over heated your pasta. It will get hard otherwise.
Add salt or lemon juice more if you like.



Pasta of my choice
Frozen dill of my choice. If you have fresh one. even better!













Serve while still hot!
This is my first attempt to make this pasta. So please let me know how it is turn out for you. What you may have change and would like to change the next time. I would love to know.

Enjoy!

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts