Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Lamb Curry without Chili

Lamb Curry without Chili 

This recipe is existed by accident
I have never in my 35 years of life ever cook or even prepare lamb/mutton meal. So why i even bother to buy it if i don't know how to prepare it? Actually, i bought it buy accident. I was suppose to grab cow bone for soup. I only realized it was actually lamb bones the day after i bought it (the day i was suppose to make a noodle soup with the cow bone).
I get panicked at first, but then, the damage been done. So i go with the challenge instead of throwing it away.
I can't think of anything to cook with this lamb bones. I don't really like the smell of lamb. So what i did was to throw in every spices that i think will take away the lamb smells. Literally THROWING in. There was no second thought. Luckily i did took a picture for just incase it turn out delicious. You can tell it is because it end up in my blog. 



First of all, you will need to clean the meat and drain the excess water. Pat dry with kitchen towel if necessary.
 Place the meat in a pot.
You must know that there is no exact measurement. Add the spices and salt to your liking. I added alot of spices until the lamb smells is acceptable to my taste. If you don't really care much about the smell, then add less. 
I am sharing with you what spices i use and how i cook it.


Ingredients:
  • Lamb 800g
  • 3 cloves garlic. Minced
  • 2 medium yellow Onion. Diced
  • 3 medium tomato. Sliced into 4 parts
  • Turmeric powder
  • Cummin Powder
  • Ginger powder
  • Coriander powder
  • salt and sugar to taste
  • water

Add all the ingredients and rub the meat well until all of them are well coated.
Add water enough to cover the meat.
Cover the pot.
Cooked on low to medium heat. Add more water when necessary.
Keep adding any spices you think might needed more. Like i have mentioned earlier, i don't like the smell of lamb meat. So i did actually added quite alot of spices.
Once the meat are cooked. Take the pot cover off. Cook more until the sauce is reduce and thick.
Because there is no oil in this recipe, so it is very important to keep the heat at low to medium. Stir from time to time until the sauce is thicken.

Thats it! You made yourself a meal!



Comments

Popular Posts