Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Natto

Do you know Natto is rich in vitamin K2?


I love Natto for breakfast. When I used to go to Swedish Language School, I love to have Natto for breakfast. It makes me full and energetic for hours. I eat less for lunch if I have this for breakfast and if I have this for lunch, then my dinner will be light. It stops my crazy cravings. I'm not talking about losing weight tips or anything. I just want to pin point how much energy this meal gives. 

Anyway, if you look it up on YouTube, you can find tons of videos how people react to Natto. Majority reacted disgusted to it. It’s texture, smells and look are less of impressive. Some even compared the smells to wet socks! But I personally think it is not as bad as what many have claimed. It smells earthy. Taste level zero to 1. It is something you either like or not.
What is Natto? It is one of Japanese traditional breakfast meal that made of fermented soybeans served with soy sauce, karashi mustard, fine chopped green onions and rice.
You can probably find Natto in your local Asian groceries store in their frozen food section.
Most Natto that are sold outside Japan are sold in a styrofoam.
Inside, you will find a small package of mustard and soy sauce. These are use as a seasoning.

I normally add an extra half teaspoon of Dijon mustard and soy sauce.
Peel the plastic that is use to cover the Natto. Pour over the soy and mustard.
With chopstick, mix them all together until it creates a thicker slime. (Video down below)







Make a small hole in the middle of your rice. Pour the Natto in it.
Add you chopped green onion and serve.
If this is too empty for you, then try to have it with spinach miso soup and nori.
Spinach miso soup is very easy to make. You need only miso paste and spinach. You can add what ever veges you like. Today i have button mushroom in my fridge. So add it in the soup.

Boil miso paste until it dissolved.
Add sliced button mushoom and let it boiling for 5 minutes.
Remove it from the heat.
Add the spinach in and pour the soup in your soup bowl and serve.
I don't like to cook my spinach. If you do, then you can cook yours. Totally up to you.
There is no salt added. Miso paste is salty as it is.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts