Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

Lee Gee Haam ampoule by Dr's Care

Lee Ji Ham (its formerly known as) contains 15ml
I bought this ampoule because of its high reviews. Many raves about how good and nice their skin become from wearing it.
So, what is Ampoule and when to apply it?
Easiest way to understand an ampoule is, think of it as a supercharged serum. What make an ampoule a supercharged serum is that it has higher concentration of active ingredients and these ingredients are used to target skin concerns. Often, ampoule come in smaller size than serum and with a dropper.

Product Claimed:
“A multi-tasking glow creating ampoule formulated with 50% propolis extract provides rich nourishing to the skin, while vitamin tree brightens up the dull skin tone, leaving it revitalized, radiant and supple.” Taken from Lee Gee Haam homepage.

Key Ingredients:
Propolis extract and Centella Asiatica Centella Complex.

Full Ingredients:
Propolis Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Panthenol, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethyl Ascorbyl Ether, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Twig Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Carbomer, Arginine, Spirodela Polyrrhiza Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Adenosine

How to apply?

Apply 2-3 drops and gently pat your skin for better absorption.
I personally like to directly drop 1 drop on my forehead and on each side of my nose (where it most dry). Then, with my hand, I gently pat my face to properly distribute the product all over my face. Pat and press until it is well absorbed. Let it be for a minute of two before I continue with serum. Depending on how dry my skin is. This ampoule is slow to absorb (this is a good thing. That means, it has no alcohol.).
Patting and pressing is the only method I use when applying tonic (rarely with cotton pad), first essence, serum and cream. It’s my favourite part during my skincare routine. Its like giving myself a facial massage. Some moisturizer, I do rub it with upward massage. I read somewhere, if you massage downward, you will speed up the sagging skin and wrinkle process.


Glow Recipe insight claimed that they like to add a drop of this to their skincare routine or to a bb/cc cream and in their foundation for a dewy and natural luminescent finish look.

My Review

See how hydrated my skin became????
Ampoule is much more watery than ordinary serum
Honestly, my very first experience with this ampoule weren’t so good. It was horrible. It caused a horrible breakout. I had what people called “blind pimple”. It lasted for many weeks! In the end, it disappeared by itself. But leaving a dark pigmentation signature to remind me where it was! Because of how much people rave about it, I gave it a second try. Same thing happened. Felt so stupid. I should have known, if the first time doesn’t work, neither will the second time.
I left the ampoule for half year in my vanity drawer. I brought it out few months ago, when the weather at its driest and my skin in need of help. ASAP! I decided to give this ampoule another try. But his time around, I will skip any serum and go directly to lock it with moisturizer. I also decided to apply only when my skin needing that extra hydration. Guess what! This method works! It definite gives me what many reviews have rave about and most importantly, this time, it didn’t cause any breakout! Love it! I have been using it ever since.

Easy read on how I use my Lee Gee Haam Ampoule:
-    I skip any serum if I am going to wear it for that day. (cleanse- toner- first essense-ampoule-moisturizer)
-    I don’t wear this everyday. Only when my skin is at its driest. (once a week at most).
-    I don’t wear makeup on the day I have this on.
-   I don’t do any facial treatment on the day I’m wearing this. Not even a sheet mask. Because I’m worried it might trigger the breakout.
-    Let my face dry before I apply the ampoule and I will let the ampoule to properly absorb before I apply my moisturizer.
Tips! If this have caused you breakout, skip any treatment serum if you are going to wear this ampoule. It might be the cause of the breakout. Also, only reach for it when you need it the most (not everyday). Replace it with your normal serum when you don’t need it. After all, it’s a supercharged serum.

Pros of Lee Gee Haam Ampoule

·         It does provide that extra hydration boost to my skin.
·         I think it does something to my pores. Because it seems smaller and my skin texture seems smoother.
·         The shine it gives make my skin looks very healthy.
·         The tackiness will subside after few minutes. Good news! No alcohol.

Cons of Lee Gee Haam Ampoule

·         Price.
·         Product amount.
·         Caused horrible breakout earlier on until I found out how to wear it to suit my skin.
·         I can’t wear it everyday without causing breakout. So, I wear it on the day where my skin is very dry.
·         Skin feels tacky for a while.

Will I Repurchase?
Yes. For winter months if I couldn’t fine something else that worth the amount and money. Since most skincare will oxidize and less potent after a year once it is open.

Would I Recommend this?
If you have dry to very dry skin, this is something you will want to try.

Effectiveness                                                                                                                  
Absorption                                                                                                                      
Scent                                                                                                                               
Price                                                                                                                                
Packaging                                                                                                                       

Summary
Leegeehaam ampoule has 50% of propolis extract which give protection and nourishment to your skin. 26 % of Centella ASiatica and Witch Hazel extract that will soothe skin at the same time reducing pores appearance.
A+ for not containing parabens, silicones, colorants, alcohol and mineral oils.

Disclaimer:
This product was purchased with my own money and this post is not sponsored.





Comments

Popular Posts