Skip to main content

Featured post

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun

Asian inspired Chicken Salad Bowl or what I like to call as Salad Terjun A quick understanding with the word “ Terjun ”. It means, Jump in Malay. I like to use it because I don’t have a recipe to follow. I literally use what I have, can find and think I can add-in to make the meal complete. So, it is safe to say, I used Terjun recipe a lot. This particular salad is perfect for when you want to clean off your veges leftover in your fridge. The other night, both me and my husband want to have something easy, quick and simple. First thing came to our head is Burger King or Take Away Kebab Pizza. But, neither of them what we would want to eat. So, I went and look into our fridge. Everything is leftover. My first thought was to make fried rice. But I don’t feel like eating rice. I took out all the leftover and thought of salad with Asian twist. Anyway, what I used in this bowl are: Mix Spring Salads Cherry Tomatoes A handful of Bean Sprouts Paprika Carrot

My favorite trio




Skin Type: Very Dry to Dry, Sensitive
Problem: Dry Patches, Sun Spots, Pigmentations.

My skin gets very dry in winter. I even get dry patches on my T-Zone. Especially at around my nose and between my brows. It gets worst during the coldest and driest months. My foundation tends to look very cakey and it didn’t settle so well. I have tried to use a very thick face moisturizer to rehydrate my skin few times. But I believe because of its consistency, it causes skin breakout. Despite disliking the feeling of having a sticky and thick moisturizer on my face, I still do it just for the sake of avoiding dry patches and pealing skin.

It’s different in the summer, the dry patches are reduced. But my skin still gets dry depending on the weather and how humid it is.

I have tried all sort of home remedies that have been recommended to me. But nothing seems works. So far, I have been using only face moisturizer. This too never really works. Best it does is to give my skin a slight moisture it desperately needed.

What works is Sheet masks. The problem with this is, I can’t afford to use sheet masks every day. Although, this is what works for my skin. In the end, I came across these best trio! I know about Missha Time Revolution for a long time. But Huxley and The Ordinary are the new products in my bathroom. Boy oh boy am I the luckiest to have gave this trio a try! Since then, I have never change it with anything else. I have it for both day and night skincare routine. This works amazing and not to mention these 3 are far cheaper than having sheet masks in daily basis!

How do I apply:

 
I follow this same routine for both day and night skincare regime. But I do not use more than 3 different serum at once. I also wait for around 30sec before applying every each of these products. Except for toner. Which I apply right after I wash my face.

Notice I wash my face only at night and use my eye cream at night as well. The reason for that is that, I don’t think my face need deep cleansing in the morning after a thorough cleansing at night before bed. What I did in the morning is, just rinse my face with water a few times without using any facial cleansing product. Followed with the same routine every time.


Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil-Like Essence

Effectiveness                                                                                                                      
Scent                                                                                                                                    
Price                                                                                                                                      ☆ ☆
Packaging                                                                                                                             
Quality                                                                                                                                 

Summary
I love and super glad I gave this serum a try. It works wonder on my skin. I gave 4 stars for the scent because it does have a slight soap-ish scent to it. But it is not too overwhelming. The scent subsided after few second on your skin. It also absorbs well into the skin and did not leave my skin feeling tacky even though it has “oil like” in it. But nothing oily about it.
3 stars for the price because It is the priciest serum in this trio. But a worth it to have in my opinion. By far, I consider this better than any high-end serum.

Overall rating 5/5 despite the less stars rating on scent and price.

The Ordinary Buffet Serum

Effectiveness                                                                                                                               
Scent                                                                                                                                            
Price                                                                                                                                              ★ ★
Packaging                                                                                                                                     
Quality                                                                                                                                         

Summary
Cheapest serum I have ever owned! Finally, a product and brand that everyone can afford with quality that put high-end skincare scratching their head! This baby works! 14.80 euro! I mean. Come on! It feels like all you paid for is chemist salary and bottle while the product is for free. I don’t find any other product at this price and have the same quality.
No perfume. Nothing fancy. Yes, the bottle is light colour instead of dark. But who did put their serum by the window? I think 98% of us keeping our skincare in a bathroom cabinet by habit. Even if that person a newby in skincare. They’ll keep it even with all the care. So, this is not a problem for me.
Overall rating 5/5!

 Misha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence

Effectiveness                                                                                                                                
Scent                                                                                                                                             
Price                                                                                                                                               ★ ★
Packaging                                                                                                                                      
Quality                                                                                                                                          

Summary
Heard of SK II? This is the closest sister to it.
You may not think it is worth it to have in skincare regime. You may think, “ahh. Its too watery for it to works”. But trust me, if you have dry skin or even slightly dry skin, you may want to consider having this. Buy a bottle and give it a go every single day and religiously to the last drop. You will see the different it made when you are out of it. I finished the entire bottle a year. Even my husband using this one from time to time.
No perfume. Nothing fancy. It absorbs so well into the skin. Give it a try and you will never want to not have it.
Overall rating 5/5!

Will I repurchase?
Definitely will! Been 3 years now and I still coming back for the same one.
Will I recommend this product?
YES!









Comments

Popular Posts